The Griffith Police Department is seeking to hire an Indiana Certified Officer through the department’s emergency hire process. Indiana Certified Officers must be a current member of, or meet the guidelines required by, the Indiana Public Employment Retirement Fund for Police Officers (PERF).
The Griffith Police Department recognizes the value of experienced law enforcement officers. To benefit from the experience of those applicants, the Griffith Police Department is providing starting salary/benefit incentives commensurate with an applicant’s law enforcement officer experience.
About the Lateral Entry Program
The Lateral Entry Program will provide accelerated salary/benefit incentives for qualified candidates up to first class patrol officer. The Lateral Entry Program does not recognize merit rank or seniority rights from the officer’s prior employment. In addition, calculation for years of service will not include reserve or “part-time” years of service.
The following information is provided as a guide regarding lateral entry level salaries/benefits*.
- 13 – 36 months of experience: $49,550**
- 37 – 60 months of experience: $52,294**
- 60+ months of experience: $58,030**
- One year of experience: 1 work week
- Two years of experience: 2 work weeks
- Five years of experience: 3 work weeks
- Upon completion of two years of experience
* Law enforcement experience is defined as: employment as sworn officer with full arrest powers with a local, county, state or federal agency. For purposes of the Lateral Entry Program, military experience does not qualify.
** All candidates accepting employment through the Lateral Entry Program will begin at the entry level starting salary. Once lateral entry candidates successfully complete the Field Training Program, they will begin receiving the lateral entry pay rate; depending on their level of prior experience. Lateral entry officers will also be considered “Probationary Officers” during their first year of employment as defined in the Griffith Police Department General Orders.
APPLICATIONS WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ENCLOSED CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE GRIFFITH POLICE DEPARTMENT DURING BUSINESS HOURS OR DOWNLOADED FROM http://cms1.ngsltd.com/opencms/export/sites/default/griffith/police-dept/blotters/2017/EmergencyHIreApplication2017.pdf. COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE GRIFFITH POLICE DEPARTMENT RECORDS DIVISION BY 4:00PM ON OCTOBER 27TH, 2017.